WordPress is a free and open-source content management system that offers users and webmasters alike an easy way to manage blogs and websites of any size. It was first released in May 2003. As of June 2016, over 26% of all websites use WordPress, making WordPress the most popular blogging software in the world.
The free software WordPress.org is not to be confused with WordPress.com, which is a blog hosting service owned by Automattic and powered by the WordPress.org software.
Here’s a quick video about WordPress Hosting from HostPapa:
WordPress believes it’s essential to stay on the cutting edge of technology and makes it a priority to make the latest blogging programs and features available to all users.
WordPress standard features include:
- Full standards compliance: Every bit of WordPress-generated code is fully compliant with the standards of the W3C.
- Cross-blog communication tools: WordPress fully supports both the Trackback and Pingback standards.
- Comments: Visitors can leave comments on individual entries and, through Trackback or Pingback, can comment on their site.
- Spam protection
- Full user registration
- Password-protected posts: Users can give passwords to individual posts to hide them from the public. Users can also have private posts, which are viewable only by their author.
- Easy installation and upgrades: Installing WordPress and upgrading from previous versions and other software is easy.
- Easy importing: Already have a blog in progress? WordPress users can easily import their work from a previous blogging program – no need to start from scratch.
Those are only a few highlights; there are dozens more standard features and hundreds of plug-ins available to extend what WordPress does.
For more information:
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.