Outlook contacts are like electronic business cards you can use to organize and keep track of everyone you communicate with via email. In this article, we’ll show you manage your Outlook contacts.
Adding a new contact
- Click Home > New Contact.
2. Enter the contact details, such as Full Name, Email, and Phone numbers.
3. You can also add Notes and a photo.
4. When you’re finished entering details, click Save & Close.
Editing a contact
- Right-click the contact and select Edit Contact.
2. Change or add contact details, then click Save & Close.
Using the business card view to see and edit contacts
The business card view displays contact information in a format that resembles a paper business card. You can use this view to see existing contacts or add new contacts.
- On the Home tab, click Change View > Business Card.
2. If you want to edit the contact details, double-click the contact card to open the contact details.
3. Make the changes, then click Save & Close.
Adding a contact from an email message
You can quickly add a contact directly from a received email in Outlook.
- Open the email message and right-click the sender’s email address.
- Select Add to Outlook Contacts.
3. Enter the contact details and click Save & Close.
Adding a contact to an email message
- To send an email to an existing contact, click New Email in the Home tab.
2. In the new email window, click Address Book.
3. Select the contact from the list and click To, Cc, or Bcc. Click OK. The contact’s email address will be added to the email message.
For more information about Outlook 2016 contacts, see the following articles in the HostPapa knowledge base:
- How to use contact categories in Outlook 2016
- How to create and use contact groups in Outlook 2016
- How to recover deleted contacts in Outlook 2016
- How to manage contact lists in Outlook 2016
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.